Saturday, May 16, 2009

In 28 days...


In 28 short days the world will probably not be devoured by zombies, but I will be done with my masters degree! On June 13th I will walk. Yesterday I finished my last mid-term period of my masters degree and now only have a few assignments to get through till I finals week. Luckily because I am in my last quarter I only have one paper to worry about during that week, so it should be pretty easy compared to past finals weeks. It has been a long four years working away at another degree. I think the thing I am most excited about it not being in school! I have been in school since I started as a child in kindergarten, which comes out to something like 24 strait years (I repeated 5th grade bc. of my dyslexia). I am looking forward to reading for fun, doing nothing, hanging out with friends and my girlfriend, getting a full-time job, and I might even take up a hobby again (somehow college and my masters program stole my hobby of surfing away from me). I don't know what it is but lately I have been feeling that God is going to be doing something through me. I am not sure if this is just being in full-time ministry or something I do not really expect but I know that something in on the move. I am just praying it lets me pay off all of my loans from school. Hopefully I will be updating my blog as things unfold, but until then I love you all who read and care for me. Know you are also loved.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Steve!!!! So excited for you! It is so great to not have homework anymore...you will love it! Can't wait to hear what exciting things you will be doing in the days to come. Hopefully they are blog worthy and you can update more often. ;)

Aubrey said...

This picture makes me tear up a little bit. i miss you guys

Steven Johnson said...

Heidi, you can fallow me on twitter if you want at http://twitter.com/calvarysong to get more updates on my life. It is just easier than writing a whole blog sometimes.

Aubrey, I miss you guys to! I want to try to come out to CO. This summer to see you guys and I am looking forward to you guys being out here in late July.